Re: PPP & 2.3.13

TimO (hairballmt@mcn.net)
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 13:43:37 -0600

Heinz --
Are you using ppp-2.3.9 which is required for 2.3.13??

Heinz Diehl wrote:

> On Sat Aug 14 1999, TimO wrote:
>
> > > I built 2.3.13 last night. I _DID_ select the
> > > PPP over async serial port option. When I tried to start pppd,
> > > it told me the kernel did not contain ppp support.
>
> Here it is exactly the same behaviour.
>
> > I 'think' the correct fix for this is "mknod 640 /dev/ppp 108 0"
> > Hopefully I will get corrected if this is wrong.
> > Whoops, that should be mknod 640 /dev/ppp c 108 0
>
> No, it doesn't work.
>
> Here, the error-log says "the kernel is not configured for PPP or the
> kernel modules are not loaded."
> I've set
>
> CONFIG_PPP=y
> CONFIG_PPP_ASYNC=y
> CONFIG_PPP_DEFLATE=m
> CONFIG_PPP_COMPRESS=m
>
> so the kernel-support for PPP should be there, but it isn't.
>
> Greetings, Heinz.
>
> -

-- Tim
For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit
within him? In the same way, no one knows the thoughts of God except
the Spirit of God. We have not received the spirit of the world but the
Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given
us.
-- I Corinthians 2:11,12