Re: Help on TCP hack

Mike (mike@oxlug.org)
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 18:59:16 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Koushik Chakraborty wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a router with IP forwarding ON. But I need all the packets coming
> in through ip_rcv() to pass through the TCP stack where I need to see the
> Application level data stream after TCP has done away with sequence
> numbering and stuffs like that(i.e, so that I get a coherent data ..
> without any duplicate and out-of -order data ). Can anybody suggest what
> functions to invoke and where .. I am pretty much new in the linux-kernel
> world and a bit lost!

What do you want to happen if there are two simultaneous TCP connections?
Should you get the data from the two connections mixed up, in the order
the packets are acked? If you want totally coherent data, you'd have to
wait until the connection was closed, then read it all.

Either way, it is do-able from user-space, although it might be easier
with a kernel hook somewhere.

--
Mike <rickettm@ox.compsoc.net>

A friend of mine won't get a divorce, because he hates lawyers more than he hates his wife.