Re: Intel x86 Kernel Console irregularity

Kurt Garloff (garloff@suse.de)
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 17:13:10 +0200

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI

On Fri, Aug 06, 1999 at 03:32:08PM +0100, Tom Gallagher wrote:
> I know this doesn't happen very often but:-
>=20
> If the BIOS (or Boot ROM) leaves the screen not in the normal 80x25 text
> mode (in my case the screen was in 80x50 mode) then when the kernel boots=
it
> thinks the screen only has 25 lines so will scroll at line 25 rather than
> 50. The console is then totally messed up and no amount of setfont will

How about using vga =3D normal in /etc/lilo.conf?
man lilo.conf

You may have a look at=20
* restoretextmode
* SVGATextMode
* fbcon (/usr/src/linux/Documentation/svga.txt, fb/*)

Regards,
--=20
Kurt Garloff <garloff@suse.de> Wuppertal, FRG
PGP2 key: See mail header, key servers Linux kernel development
SuSE GmbH, N=FCrnberg, FRG SCSI drivers: tmscsim(DC390), DC395

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI--