Re: get_page missing from generic_file_write? (2.3.12)

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 16:16:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Neil Booth wrote:

>I'm not sure, but it appears that after adding a page to the page
>cache, we do not increase its reference count before reducing it again
>later in the function. The following looks more correct, no?

Before adding the page to the page cache the reference count is 1. We add
it to the page cache and the reference count goes to 2. Then we do a free
on the page (reference count return to 1) and we return from the function
with the page in the page cache with a correct refcount of 1.

Andrea