Re: [OT]Re: Linux 2.2.11pre4

Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu)
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 07:21:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net wrote:

> On 2 Aug, Alexander Viro wrote:
> +-----
> | On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> | > The "info" interface makes sense only to people who grok GNU emacs, and if
> |
> | In principle info began as macropackage for TECO. I wonder if the
> | original thing will grok the GNU info format... Hmm... Time to look on MIT
> | FTP sites... At least TECO is less evil than EMACS.
> +--->8
>
> If you can find the info macro package, probably. I have an old
> teco.info file and it looks the same as modern info files.

So far I couldn't dig it out ;-/ Yes, teco.info looks pretty much the
same. What I did find was the mentioning of ^R-mode needed for TECO info
to work. IOW, it might require ITS TECO. On the other hand, since that was
found on USENET... Hell knows. usc.edu used to have /pub/teco and there
was a lot of stuff, but it is not there now (ls-lR.gz lists it, but...)