Re: 2.2.11pre4 make dep messages (FYI)

Frank van Maarseveen (fvm@tasking.nl)
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 08:38:43 +0200

On Mon, Aug 02, 1999 at 09:53:47AM -0700, Mr. James W. Laferriere wrote:

> Hello Frank, I just got finished compiling a fresh set for pre4
> & all went well . I have to admit I won't use modules on any of
> my systems (Just a quirk of mine) . I see that you are using
> modules & probably other drivers which I am not . Hth, JimL
No, "make dep" just produces some errors which usually scroll off the
screen. The exit status from "make dep" is zero. Building the kernel for
i386 wasn't a problem and I don't use any modules in this case. I've put
these "make dep" messages on the mailing list just to let people know.
If no-one reports it then it's probably never going to be fixed.

--
Frank