Re: reading from invalid mem...

Peter Moulder (reiter@netspace.net.au)
03 Aug 1999 15:51:49 +1000

Tim Waugh <tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk> writes:

> I can. The e2compr patch seems to be implicated, since it adds semaphore
> operations to binfmt_elf.c.. in elf_core_dump.

Agh, you're right. I fixed that in the 2.3 branch but not the 2.2
branch. I'll re-release e2compr patches for 2.2.8 upwards this
afternoon. The only change is to remove all e2compr changes to
fs/binfmt_elf.c and fs/binfmt_aout.c.

(The change is still needed for arch/sparc64/kernel/binfmt_aout32.c,
though; for some reason Linus/Dave didn't fix that at the same time as
fixing fs/binfmt_[ae]*.)

pjm.