Re: RFC: Dynamic group limit

Frank van Maarseveen (F.vanMaarseveen@inter.NL.net)
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 23:42:12 +0200

On Sat, Jul 31, 1999 at 02:07:07PM +0200, Mattias.Gronlund wrote:
> I have been thinking about this for some days now and I have come to the
> conclution that a shell-sort and binary search will be what I implement
> in my first patch.
I think you're correct about the search. There's no system call for
extending the grouplist, only for setting it. Therefore bsearch() should
be sufficient. I hope no programs rely on getting the groups back in the
same order with getgroups() as they have been specified originally with
setgroups(). They will break I guess.

--
Frank van Maarseveen                               Driebergen
f.vanmaarseveen@inter.nl.net                  The Netherlands