Re: kernel 2.2.10 isofs bug?

Jens Axboe (axboe@image.dk)
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 01:32:41 +0200

On Fri, Jul 30 1999, Mark Gebhardt wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have recently upgraded my standard RedHat6.0
> distribution (2.2.5-15) to kernel 2.2.10ac12.
>
> I am now unable to access my CD-ROM. It is an
> IDE/ATAPI device and is recognised successfully by
> Linux, but trying to mount the CDROM, results in a
> 'bad inode' error.
>
> Details are as follows:
>
> Hardware: PII350, Intel T440BX MoBo, SAMSUNG
> CD-ROM SCR-3231, ATAPI CDROM drive (hdb)
[snip]

> Is this a known bug, or have I made an error in my
> kernel configuration?

Sort of. I bet you changed the DMA of the drive while
switching kernels too, right? The driver contains work
arounds for other Samsung drives and this model might
need it too. Could you try to

hdparm -d1 /dev/hdb

before _any_ access to the device and see if that
works?

--
*  Jens Axboe <axboe@image.dk>
*  Linux CD-ROM Maintainer