Re: Your backup is unsafe!

Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu)
Sun, 1 Aug 1999 18:32:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 1 Aug 1999, Riley Williams wrote:

> If you want to restrict "security issues" to just one aspect thereof,
> again, you have the right. Deletion of files is probably the LEAST
> worrysome security issue though. I for one would be far more worried
> about people READING files they shouldn't than about them DELETING
> files, since several of the systems I maintain contain lots of stuff
> that falls in the "Highly Confidential" category.

If you are keeping HC stuff on VFAT you should be fired. Immediately.
No matter what OS you are using. Stop pulling the strawmen.

> Since you've made it quite clear that you intend to keep redefining
> terms so you can deny the truth, I won't waste any more of my time
> responding to your comments...

Pot. Kettle. Black. Learn what hardlinks are. Take any decent introductory
course on UNIX and read it. No, "UNIX for power-lusers in 24 hours"
doesn't count. When you will be done with that - reread your postings and
compare them with the definitions. And stop this kludge parade already.