Re: nasty powerpc mmap problems (was: Re: Vger broken w.r.t. gdb)

Thorsten Kranzkowski (th@Marvin.DL8BCU.ampr.org)
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 12:22:43 +0000

On Fri, Jul 30, 1999 at 03:07:39AM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> [CC me in replies, I'm not on linux-kernel]
>
> Background from the thread on linuxppc-dev: with the current vger tree,
> gdb's breakpoints are apparently being set in the wrong copy of a
> shared library, and not properly removed. After running gdb over any
> program, even with no extra breakpoints set, every dynamically linked
> program run inside or outside of gdb dies with SIGTRAP. The SIGTRAP
> appears to be in _dl_debug_state or thereabouts in ld.so.

Same symptoms here. System is Alpha (21066, Noname), 128Mb RAM , glibc 2.2.1,
gdb 4.18, kernel 2.3.10
Fortunately I had the SysRq key available to reboot :-)

> However, it now appears that this is symptomizing some much larger
> problems with mmap().

Thorsten.

--
| Thorsten Kranzkowski            Snail: Niemannsweg 30, 49201 Dissen, Germany |
| Mobile: ++49 161 7210230         Inet: dl8bcu@gmx.net                        |