Re: linuxthreads and tid testing

cd_smith@ou.edu
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 23:58:56 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Peter Hatch wrote:
> I'm interested in fixing this problem, but the linuxthreads implementation is
> the only one I've seen the source to, so it's the only one I fully understand.
> We've tossed around several potential solutions, but they all rely upon each
> thread having it's own PID, which is apparently a quality of linuxthreads that
> is in contention??

Well, at least in my (in progress) patch to give all threads the same pid,
I will be providing a second system call to get the task ID, which under a
pure kernel-mode threads implementation like LinuxThreads will be unique
to the thread. I don't know of anyone else working on the same thing, but
if someone is, no comment on whether they will be doing the same.

Chris Smith <cd_smith@ou.edu>