Re: Uncacheable memory?

Philip Blundell (pb@nexus.co.uk)
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 18:36:42 +0100

In message <Pine.GSO.4.10.9907281223210.25151-100000@isis.visi.com>, mestery@vi
si.com writes:
>On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Ingo Molnar wrote:
>> also there is ioremap_nocache() ...
>>
>I checked, and this doesn't appear to be implemented for the ARM
>EBSA-285 architecture. It is #defined to be a plain old ioremap.

Ioremap'd memory is always uncached on ARM. But you need to be careful if you
use this on "real" (ie non-I/O) memory, especially on the EBSA-285 -- ioremap
adds in the IO_FUDGE_FACTOR and you will need to subtract it out again.
Alternatively you could use __ioremap but that might not buy you very much.

p.