Re: Uncacheable memory?

Ingo Oeser (mestery@visi.com)
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 08:43:24 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Ingo Oeser wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, mestery wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to allocate memory in the kernel that you could mark as
> > uncacheable? I'm currently running with 2.2.10, and would like to mark
> > a region of memory I acquire with kmalloc as uncacheable. Thanks.
>
> Read /usr/src/linux/Documentation/mtrr.txt and be happy ;)

I forgot to mention, this is with the ARM architecture, so the mtrr
stuff won't help me much. I'm porting some code from vxWorks to Linux
that used the vxWorks call dmaCacheMalloc() to allocate memory that was
marked uncacheable, and I was just curious if Linux had something
similar in a generic sense.

--
Kyle Mestery			| StorageTek's Storage Networking Group
mestery@visi.com		| http://www.freebsd.org/