Re: [OT] Re: UPS's

Mike A. Harris (mharris@ican.net)
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 19:10:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Michael Meissner wrote:

>Speaking up APC ups's, do you use a standard 9 pin straight through rs-232
>cable to connect a SmartUPS APC 1400 andr SmartUPS APC 650 to the computers?

No.

>The cables that came with my 2 upses have long since disappeared, and the last
>time I tried going through the UPS HOWTO I didn't see the appropriate
>information.

The UPS HOWTO, along with the documentation that comes with
Andre's fine software describes how to make any cables you could
imagine for APC UPS's.

>I really should use the intelligent software on both computers
>(one is linux x86, the other is linux ppc).

Make the SMART cable for your UPS then from the docs..

Good luck!
TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris                   Linux advocate      GNU advocate
Computer Consultant                          Open Source advocate

Tea, Earl Grey, Hot...