Re: Problem w/ 2.2.10-ac12 & NCR53c875

Michal Jaegermann (michal@ellpspace.math.ualberta.ca)
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 13:12:26 -0600 (MDT)

Ed Hall <edhall@screech.weirdnoise.com> wrote:

> > I am having trouble getting the 2.2.10-ac12 to boot. My system
> > is alpha LX164 w/ NCR53c875.
>
> I noticed this with 2.2.10-ac11. Reverting "arch/alpha/kernel/core_pyxis.c"
> to the original 2.2.10 file fixes it for now.

Just to add a bit to a general confusion. :-) 2.2.10-ac12 on LX164
(and before that 2.2.10-ac10 on DP264) is booting and running for me
just fine **without** a reversal of changes to 'core_pyxis.[ch]'.
The is a difference, though. Instead of ncr53c8xx driver I am using
sym53c8xx (version 1.5c) from Gerard Roudier new stuff.

> The problem is a mismatch between where various patches assume the PCI
> windows are located, and not the SCSI driver itself.

Maybe I miss something but it appeared to me that ncr53c8xx and sym53c8xx
are using PCI windows in the same manner. My hardware decoding PCI lines
in a different way? (I am way beyond my competence in this moment).
I can see how 'core_pyxis' changes can mess-up UX though.

Michal
michal@harddata.com