Re: NCR53Cxxx drivers

Barrett G. Lyon (blyon@netpr.com)
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 02:56:51 -0700

At 01:35 AM 7/24/99 +0200, you wrote:

>On Fri, 23 Jul 1999, Barrett G. Lyon wrote:
>
>> >I used ncr... first to drive my symbios logic USCSI board, then sym,
>> >both w/o any problems.
>>
>> Cool, but it caused my Intraserver cards to crash the box :(
>
>You may want to report the kernel configuration about ncr/sym drivers and
>possible ncr/sym driver boot options you are using. Detailing a bit what
>sort of crash you got is also interesting. Thanks.

After a short uptime the system will lock. Before it locks I got thousands
of log messages like:

kernel: PYXIS machine check NOT expected

Then the machine would just lockup, this is using the SYM driver on 2.2.10.
I tested 2.2.11-pre2 kernel out on the same dirver and the PYXIS messages
came back again.

-Barrett