Re: Patch: CLONE_PPID, CLONE_WAIT, CLONE_SUSPENDED

Alon Ziv (alonz@cs.Technion.AC.IL)
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 17:59:04 +0300 (IDT)

On Fri, 23 Jul 1999, Khimenko Victor wrote:

> In <199907230748.CAA22390@isunix.it.ilstu.edu> Tim Hockin (thockin@isunix.it.ilstu.edu) wrote:
> > Here is the result of all the various inputs on CLONE_PPID/CLONE_PPIDOK,
> > CLONE_WAIT, and CLONE_SUSPENDED.
>
> Looks like the only not solved problem is "signals to process", right ?
> What about LinuxThreads ?

I'm hoping to begin working on it, with a purely userspace solution: the
manager thread will get all signals for the process, and will dispatch
them to the threads. To do this, it will change the thread's pgrp (but
not its own), so pgroup-wide signals go to the manager to be dispatched.

Actually, there _is_ one more unsolved problem: core dumps. When a
thread gets killed by the kernel for doing something illegal (SIGILL /
SIGSEGV / whatever), the complete process is supposed to be dumped. I
still haven't thought up a suitable solution for this...

-az