Re: The great alpha compile warning hunt

Giuliano Procida (myxie@debian.org)
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 12:03:10 +0100

On Fri, Jul 23, 1999 at 08:21:08AM +0100, Sean Hunter wrote:
> I found that, since the "%Zd" etc type arguments to printk (for
> printing size_t args) are not supported, I was usually casting to long
> and doing printk "%ld", which I think works everywhere. Would a patch
> to printk to accept "%Zd" etc be worthwhile?

A patch for %Z for size_t (please do pointer differences too!) would
be much appreciated. I currently have ugly casts to unsigned long in a
few places in my drivers. They should also go into 2.2.x and 2.0.x to
be useful to kernel-version-independent driver code.

I imagine it will be some time before all size_t and ptrdiff_t code
has been fixed.

Thanks,
Giuliano Procida.