Re: SPARCbook 3gx

Marco Ermini (mail@markoer.org)
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:10:50 +0200

On mar, 20 lug 1999, Wakko Warner wrote:

> Has anyone used linux on one of these laptops?

I'm interested too, because I own one of these
laptop and I messed up the pre-installed Solaris :-/
I'm waiting for a tranciever to rebote-boot the
laptop and try Linux on it (this is to me the only
solution to install something on it), but it seems
that the hardware is very particular (on ultrapenguin.org
there's a note saying it's too particluar to be supported).
It seems to have a one-only chip that control the SCSI
interface and the ISDN and the "normal" modem and
the parallel port (!), so I think it will be very difficult
to immediately use the sparc linux on this machine :-(

When I'll have the tranciever, I'll try to figure
something. It's a nice laptop with a SCSI card
and a removable SCSI disk.

Bye

> -

Marco Ermini