Re: OOPS with linux-2.2.10+OOM.andrea

Thomas Bierweiler (ubpc@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de)
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 19:00:16 -0400

Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Thomas Bierweiler wrote:
>
> >See attachment
>
> Reading the asm of sched.o jiffies is dereferenced in the code exactly at
> 0x72 bytes after the start of schedule_timeout(). So the oops happened
> really while dereferencing jiffies. I can't see why the address didn't
> matched with jiffies. But even if the address would be wrong you shouldn't
> get an Oops running such asm instruction with the kernel pagetable that
> it's fine.
>
> So I suggest replacing memory or CPU.
>
> Andrea

Thanks a lot for your help, although I am not very pleased
to hear that something with my memory or the CPU is wrong.
But a while ago I had big problems with tar.gz files from
several servers, they were all corrupted. So probably
your diagnosis is right.

But it is great that it is not another kernel bug.

Thomas

--
Thomas Bierweiler
CDW 406 D Box # 6034