Re: Disk Traces (ext2)

Wed, 21 Jul 1999 00:41:54 +0200

alen wrote:
> 2) Anyone interested in disk trace data? So far, my tool is somewhat
> feature-poor, but I'm very interested in making it more complete if others
> would find this type of data interesting.

Heard of my treescan program? Didn't think so. It's a highly optimised
`find'. I'd like disk trace stats to help optimise treescan's access
patterns.

I'd like, in decreasing order of usefulness: a summary count of accesses
(reads & writes); the list of blocks looked up by the fs in order
(whether they're in cache or not); timestamps; the list of block read &
write requests submitted for i/o in order.

-- Jamie