Re: Linux 2.2.11pre2 proposed patch

George Bonser (grep@shorelink.com)
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 13:43:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

> > just now as I was finishing the above sentance.
>
> Very odd. There is only a tiny alignment change to the eepro100. Does this
> fix it

... patch to back out eepro100 changes snipped ...

Ok, I will give it a try as soon as I can bounce the machine. I also
noticed that if I run tcpdump on the interface, it appears completely dead
when this happens. I can not see incoming or outgoing traffic or any
traffic on the wire. It DOES seem that if I maintian a steady stream of
outgoing traffic, the interface will stay up for a longer period of time.
If I go idle for any period of time or have only inbound traffic (ftp
download for example) it will die faster.