RE: ne2k and 0x378 lp ports

Dunlap, Randy (randy.dunlap@intel.com)
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 09:17:58 -0700

NE2000 uses base_io_addr thru base + 0x1f,
but all registers in that range are not used.
Base thru base + 0xf are ethernet controller registers.
Base + 0x10 (16 bits) is a packet data transfer register.
Base + 0x1f is a reset register.
Some NE2000 adapters may alias the data transfer register
and the reset register.
Apparently yours does not do this...

~Randy