Re: 2.2.10: PCMCIA ATA screws up DMA on /dev/hda

Andre M. Hedrick (hedrick@Astro.Dyer.Vanderbilt.Edu)
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 21:39:26 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Mark Lord wrote:

> We originally freed up the unpopulated interface
> because the kernel had a restriction of no more than two
> (later, four) interfaces max. But the limit has been
> raised again since then, so the original device-major saving
> logic should get tossed.

I agree, but we may hang on to it for a little longer.
We have 8 hwif's and possible a final of 10 for the insane IDE-RAID 5
guys.

I added a new flag hdx=flash to allow for two flash cards to be
acknowledge and used.

> Cheers
> --
> mlord@pobox.com