Re: Putting Perl into Linux Kernel

Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu)
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 20:42:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Christof Damian wrote:

> I didn't say I would use it. But I bet there are people who would find
> a use for it.

Sorry for being rude, but... some people would find a use for a pick-axe
in their arse. Which is *not* a reason to shove said object into anyone's
rectum - if they want it, let them self-darwinate. Themselves.

Do that and I'll put vi into the kernel. I'm serious. After all, it's much
more compact and it's my primary UI. Chances to get such patch into the
official tree are about the same as with Perl. In other words, zero.