Re: Solaris -> Linux NFS errors, uhmmm... And AIX too!

Brad Kemp (kemp@indusriver.com)
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 10:46:28 -0400

At 05:38 PM 7/17/99 +0200, David Weinehall wrote:
We had the same problem with Linux<-->Solaris. It was fixed by a patch fom
Sun. The problem would occur when Linux padded the NFS packet. Solaris
used the size of the packet, not the size field of the packet to determine
the amount of data in the packet.
Most Linux NFS requests are block-sized request so this error
rarely appears.
Brad Kemp

>Uhm, yeah, could be. But the same thing occurs for Linux<->AIX too...
>Sure, the SunOS-patch fixed the SunOS<->Linux problem for us (we had it
>too), but we're still experiencing it with AIX. In my humble opinion there
>is something fishy with the Linux NFS if it triggers a bug in both AIX and
>SunOS, that no other NFS-implementation that we know of triggers...
>
>Mail me for more info, if needed on setup, AIX-version etc.
>
>/David Weinehall
> _ _
> // David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
>// Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
>\> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </
>

>-

--- -- --
Brad Kemp