Re: AIC 5.1.18 _broken_

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 13:46:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

>> msync-2.2.10 - update_vm_cache_conditional patch
>
>The last version I have of this from Stephen still had stuff Linus didn't like
>in paticular making assumptions about 0 and kernel space.

I like very much the first Stephen's patch since it's obviously right to
my eyes. update_vm_cache is dead code and even if the fix may looks dirty
(but obviously right) it's fine for a 2.2.x release IMO.

If you want to include a different equivalnet patch to 2.2.11 I am
obviously fine as well, but original Stephen's patch does its works
without mistakes on the ext2/nfs side.

Andrea