Re: Fake emails from "Linus"

Richard Gooch (rgooch@atnf.csiro.au)
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 17:44:20 +1000

Linus Torvalds writes:

> Just a heads-up: somebody is sending out fake emails that claim to be from
> me, and that have me endorsing the Java client for Seti@Home.
[...]
> I assume it is a mass-posting trying to market Seti@Home or the
> particular client in question, and I'm not all that amused.

I doubt that the forgeries are coming from the people behind
Seti@Home. I understand they are a reputable lot. My guess is some
crazed hanger-on cum groupie has lost all sense of perspective (not to
mention ethics).

Having been the victim of forgeries myself, I sympathise. I've still
got my nutcraker handy for the day I identify and catch the scum...

> PS. Although I have to admit that the first line brought a grin:
> "Being the awesome Linux stud that I am.."

;-)

Regards,

Richard....