Re: Memory hogs

Rik van Riel (riel@nl.linux.org)
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 22:43:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 17 Jul 1999, Hermann Schichl wrote:

> > My solution works rather well so I don't see why there
> > are so much objections to it again...
>
> I have no objections if we use your solution for the REAL OOM
> case. However, I would like to see configurability and the ability
> to have manual influence added.

OK. Then let's integrate my solution so that we have at
least _something_ NOW. It has taken almost a year and
my patch has always bounced off on discussions where NO
code for any of the other proposals has shown up.

We can easily add stuff or replace it by something better
later on. For now it's important to have something at
least halfway decent.

Rik -- Open Source: you deserve to be in control of your data.