Re: Solaris -> Linux NFS errors, uhmmm... And AIX too!

David Weinehall (tao@acc.umu.se)
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 17:38:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999, Matthew Wilcox wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 16, 1999 at 04:26:12PM -0400, Scott McDermott wrote:
> > I seem to have problems compiling programs hosted on NFS mounted
> > filesystems. A compile of Qmail works, but some of the binaries
> > segfault. A compile of Mutt ends with ld segfaulting during the final
> > link, and the make giving errors like "invalid string offset" in
> > sections of object code.
>
> [...]
>
> > The mounts are from Solaris boxes running SunOS 5.5.1. Mount options
> > are rw,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,hard. Kernel is 2.2.10.
>
> There's your problem; this is a known bug in Solaris 2.5; look it up
> in SunSolve.

Uhm, yeah, could be. But the same thing occurs for Linux<->AIX too...
Sure, the SunOS-patch fixed the SunOS<->Linux problem for us (we had it
too), but we're still experiencing it with AIX. In my humble opinion there
is something fishy with the Linux NFS if it triggers a bug in both AIX and
SunOS, that no other NFS-implementation that we know of triggers...

Mail me for more info, if needed on setup, AIX-version etc.

/David Weinehall
_ _
// David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
// Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
\> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </