Re: Linux NFS client problems with SGI server

Erik Mouw (J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl)
Fri, 16 Jul 99 23:45:22 +0200

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999 17:49:14 +0100, Peter Benie wrote:
> Erik Mouw writes ("Re: Linux NFS client problems with SGI server"):

>> The strange thing is that "ls /usr/it/packages" doesn't go wrong. Maybe
>> the "nohide" option in the server's exports file confuses Linux?
>
> This is precisely the problem. Think for a while about what nohide
> does, and how fattr.fileid interacts with inode numbers. nohide is
> broken for exactly the same reason as unfsd is when used to export
> multiple filesystems with one NFS export.

So can you explain why it actually *does* work on IRIX and SunOS/Solaris
clients? If they made a workaround, why can't we implement a similar one
in Linux?

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2785859  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl