Re: fs corruption with pre-2.3.9-5 + this little patch

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 19:53:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, Linus Torvalds wrote:

>We broke write-ahead with the BH_Dirty handling - it can mark the buffer
>clean without ever actually writing it out. I bet that's what you

Great!! :)) That almost sure was the bug!

BTW, without the WRITEA the LRU-page patch is running fine on UP for 3
hours and 17 minutes now with the memoryhog+bonnie testcase! :)) I'll
left it running all the night...

Since you given a sense to the corruption, tomorrow I'll try the LRU-page
patch on SMP as well :).

Thanks.

Andrea