Re: If we cannot change file system semantics

Stefan Monnier (monnier+lists/linux/kernel/news/@tequila.cs.yale.edu)
30 Jun 1999 13:16:50 -0400

> I think the only serious weakness of the plain old directory is the one
> NextStep has - lack of discipline. Anyone can put irrelevant files in the

So, you're complaining that it is too convenient to use ?
I see the same problem with Unix. It's just so bloody damn easy to move
/etc/passwd to /var/spool/idiot/joeschmuck and screw up the whole thing.
We really need some way to protect ourselves from ourselves.

I vote for brain surgery,

Stefan