Re: Once again

Dale Amon (amon@vnl.com)
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 05:59:20 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Jamie Lokier wrote:
> W.r.t. poll(), a good point. One bit of state needs to be maintained
> per file descriptor. I guess that reduces to the same "since the last
> poll" problem.

Yes.

> I don't think slow NFS links is an issue.

Only in the sense that if there were just one serial number,
different browsers would not be in sync (which probably isn't
important unless they had to communicate, for which I can't
think of a good reason). And if there are many fd's on
many hosts, how do they get their Modified and Serial
numbers synced to the remote NFS files?