Re: modular ipv4

Matti Aarnio (matti.aarnio@sonera.fi)
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 20:02:56 +0300

On Mon, Jun 28, 1999 at 04:56:15PM +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:
> Matti Aarnio wrote on the topic:
> > Hard ?? I have done it now TWICE, it took me about a week every time:
> > ftp://mea.tmt.tele.fi/linux/
>
> So did you fix the numerous races caused by timers?

Possibly not, but eventually I was able to kill all timers
whose usage had ended before I unloaded the module.
(Failures to do so announced themselves very soon after
unloading the module.)

My primary mission still was to modload the IPv4 only
when needed, and after that it isn't likely so important
to unload it...