Re: Perforamnce comparison between 2.3.8 and 2.2.10

Rudolf Leitgeb (leitgeb@variable.stanford.edu)
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 19:12:58 -0700

On Sun, 27 Jun 1999, you wrote:
> Ehh.. Wasn't the main performance gain for the multi-processor systems? I
> wasn't really awake when I read the thread, but that was something that
> I remembered.

Well, I run SMP and got the same results that Marc got. Evidently none
of us was able to verify the supposedly massinve speed improvements
with the 2.3.8 kernel. I personally rather find it out here on this
mailing list than learn about it from Mindcraft ;-)

One interesting point though: When I did the kernel compile tests under
2.3.8, I would not only get higher sys times, but also higher user
times, which makes me wonder ...

Cheers

Rudi