Re: [patch] 2.3.8+ UP masq

Steve Dodd (dirk@loth.demon.co.uk)
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 17:56:02 +0100

Yup, s'what I said (though I wasn't necessarily clear enough) :)

> And YES, in UP that cli() (or equiv.) MUST exist (masq_port variable IS
> changed from U-space [ip_masq_user module] and obviously from kernel [bh]).

How come? As I understand it,
the masq stuff is called by the networking stuff
the networking stuff is called from the bottom half
the bottom halves are run in sched.c, out of irq context (obviously)

--
Plug-and-Play is really nice, unfortunately it only works 50% of the time.
To be specific the "Plug" almost always works.            --unknown source