Re: WevDAV anyone?

Khimenko Victor (khim@sch57.msk.ru)
Sat, 26 Jun 1999 20:16:13 +0400 (MSD)

In <19990626144956.27272.qmail@eklektix.com> Jonathan Corbet (corbet@eklektix.com) wrote:
>> I am not wondering if anyone wants to do something like that under
>> Linux (means, writing a webdav filesystem which acts as a client.
>> A webdav server in addition to NFS would maybe also be interesting
>> but maybe not that important..)
>> Or if someone maybe has started already..

> Zope does WebDAV - www.zope.org.

Zope and Apache (with mod_dav, that is) are SERVERS, not CLIENTS.

> Last I heard, though, there was little support for the idea of building
> Zope into the kernel, so this might not be the place for discussion on this
> topic...

It will not help. Talk is about usage of WebDAV like NFS or CODA: ability to
mount web-server with DAV extensions, etc. I'm not sure if it's REALLY belond
to server. May be GNOME libvfs and KDE what-the-name-of-such-lib-there is better
place: HTTP (with or without DAV) is hardly useful as replacement for NFS or
CODA.