Re: Research help needed

Kurt Garloff (garloff@suse.de)
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 21:27:04 +0200

--xesSdrSSBC0PokLI

On Fri, Jun 25, 1999 at 11:31:47AM -0400, Lou Grinzo wrote:
> I'm currently working on a writing project that will discuss, among
> other things, the Linux kernel developers' reputation for fixing=20
> reported bugs very quickly. =20

Teardrop was already mentioned.

Lately, in 2.2.9 there was one spurious kfree_skb(skb) which allowed
attackers to cause kernel oopses.
After this was reported to l-kernel, Alan found a fix a few hours later. I
don't have the bug report any more, but I still have Alan's mail from Jun 1.
Check vger archives. (I can send you Alan's posting by priv. mail, if you
like.)

Also the pentium f00f bug comes to mind, but you have to ask vger archives
for that.

--=20
Kurt Garloff <garloff@suse.de> SuSE GmbH, N=FCrnberg, FRG
Linux kernel development; SCSI driver: DC390 (tmscsim/AM53C974)

--xesSdrSSBC0PokLI

--xesSdrSSBC0PokLI--