Re: Kernel modules compiling error on 2.3.8 ?

Daniel.Egger@t-online.de
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:17:56 +0200 (CEST)

On 23 Jun, Michael Harnois wrote:

> Some exceptionally clever soul thought it would be a bright idea to
> release a 2.3.7 in which 2/3 of the filesystems were broken. Glad to
> know the same is true for 2.3.8.

This "exceptionally clever soul" was nobody less than Linus
Torvalds... I just wonder why the hell such bright guys as you
complain about ANYTHING in developer kernel.

Just for you:

The filesystem layer is being modified to allow more perfomant systems
in the future which unfortunately broke some filesystems which will be
fixed soon, I guess. In the time in between you love it or leave it.

My advise: Stick with 2.2.10 and wait for 2.4....

Servus,
Daniel