Re: FENRIS (nwfs) 1.4.2 Source Code Available,

Matthew Kirkwood (weejock@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk)
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 20:40:36 +0100 (GMT)

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Jeff Merkey wrote:

> I think all things being equal, linux today is **GREAT** technology.
> Yes, it did break Caldera's Netware stuff (It's still busted, I have
> to do a lot of work on 2.0.35 then move it to a 2.2.9 box to test).

I find it very hard to believe that Caldera (or anyone doing significant
kernel work) needed to remain unaware or such a significant change in the
kernel (or unable to act upon it) for _nearly two years_.

> I'm just saying we should try to assess the impact on the commercial
> Linux vendors, and try to give them adequate warning, but progress
> also has a price and I agree it's difficult tightrope to walk.

Does your Windows code work with both NT4 and W2K without non-trivial
changes?

Matthew.