Re: FENRIS (nwfs) 1.4.2 Source Code Available,

Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu)
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 14:23:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Jeff Merkey wrote:

> It builds as a standlaone module at present. After we get all the bugs out
> and all the features in, they we will start working on putting it into the
> stock kernels. At present, we are using OpenLinus 1.3 for all the builds.
> 2.2.X has a lot of problems still with the commercial linux releases, and

Jeff, if your filesystem is supposed to work with 2.0 you are in for a
*BIG* work when you will port it to 2.2. Sorry, but It's Your Problem(tm).
VFS changed big way and keeping the same codebase is next to impossible.
Exactly because 2.0 was much dumber. If your design decisions are based on
2.0 - too bad, the thing will suck badly.