Re: khttpd (was: UUIDs (and devfs and major/minor numbers))

Dan Hollis (goemon@sasami.anime.net)
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 11:08:55 -0700 (PDT)

On 18 Jun 1999, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > I find khttpd is a reasonable idea. I dont know what youre talking about
> > with "lower performance than a user space httpd",
> [....]
> > actually approaches zeus performance wise -- and they werent even trying
> Do you realize that Zeus is user-level ?

Which is why its interesting. The current khtttpd approached the zeus
performance levels without even trying hard.

Now imagine if they actually try hard to optimize khttpd.

-Dan