Re: Weird data corruption?

Haruhiko Okumura (okumura@matsusaka-u.ac.jp)
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 23:07:05 +0900

Pablo Bianucci (pbian@pccp.com.ar) wrote:

> I am experiencing some strange problems. Some ocassional differences
> come
> and go in files, and that is not good.
> Rather than giving a verbose explanation I'll post the facts:

I've experienced such weird corruption of data at least six times in
my life.

I maintain several Linux boxes (mainly 2.2.x) and a lot of Windows
boxes. Such corruptions of data occured on many of my Linux boxes, on
both SCSI and EIDE disks, but not on any Windows boxes (they hang
quite often, though ;-).

I wrote my report here:

http://www.matsusaka-u.ac.jp/~okumura/linux/corruptdata.html

> P.S.: I am not subcribed to the list, so please reply directly. Thanks
> again!

I'm not subscribed, either.

--
Haruhiko Okumura, Ph.D. <okumura@matsusaka-u.ac.jp>
Matsusaka University, 1846 Kubo-cho, Matsusaka, 515-8511 Japan