Re: PROBLEM: Losing network connectivity with 2.2.10

Chris Evans (chris@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk)
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 14:16:09 +0100 (GMT)

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Brian Leeper wrote:

> After discovering that this didn't solve the problem, I switched the 21143
> Tulip card back into the machine, and upgraded the kernel to 2.2.10. I
> thought this fixed the problem until the machine lost network
> connectivity again.

Oh dear, we don't still suffer from this bug do we?

If the driver supports your card, use the de4x5.o ethernet driver. It
supports a lot of boards that the tulip driver supports. We find the
driver more stable than the tulip driver (doesn't randomly drop the
network like the tulip driver does).

Maybe it's worth looking at what the tulip.c and de4x5.c do differently

Chris