Re: PCMCIA problems

Vagn Scott (vagn@idt.net)
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 21:50:36 -0400

Steffen Grunewald wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> we are trying to access the PCMCIA slots of a Toshiba Satellite
> notebook. Kernel version is 2.2.7 (SuSE 6.1 evaluation version).
> As predicted by the SuSE support database entry, the whole system
> hangs when PCMCIA is included during boot-up.

Try removing and reinserting the PCMIA card
at the point where the boot hangs.

Also, make sure you are using a tecra kernal (if there is a choice).

After the install consider upgrading the kernel and PCMCIA package.
Kernel 2.3.4 and pcmcia 3.0.12 work well for me in a
sattelite 2545Xcdt, though sound needs to be compiled
into the kernal rather than a module. Also the BIOS should
be set for PCIC and enhanced IDE.

Config file on request.

Good luck!

--
         _~|__           |   Hi!  I'm a .signature virus!
   >@   (vagn(     /     |   Copy me into your .signature
    \`-ooooooooo-'/      |   file to help me spread!