Re: Patch 2.2.10 is wrong (SORRY)

Ricardo Galli Granada (gallir@atlas-iap.es)
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 23:08:44 +0200 (MEST)

On Mon, 14 Jun 1999, Dirk Nuyens wrote:

> Seems like SuSE is totally archaic then: on SuSE 6.0 I get
>
> dot@gorba:/usr/src > patch --version
> Patch version 2.1
>
> Bleeh :-( where's that version 2.5

In 6.0 also? They are crazy, I checked, patch 2.1 is at least four years
old. I always thought they did not want to introduce glib2 until version
6 due to bugs in the library. I am not sure now.

BTW, they also can upgrade other packages as well (and not to compile
utils with PAM support without including any PAM documentation, nor
shadows, it seems they compiled them just with default options).

As I told Alan in a private reply, *sorry* for the noise to the whole
linux-kernel list and my complaints should go to SuSE.

--
Ricardo Galli