Re: [PPC] ext2 filesytem corruption on linux 2.2.9 PowerPC

Matthew Wilcox (Matthew.Wilcox@genedata.com)
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 09:59:16 +0200

On Sun, Jun 13, 1999 at 11:51:37AM +0200, Simon Richter wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Jun 1999, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
>
> > I think if there were a missing little-endian conversion anywhere,
> > someone would have already found it by now since it is in use on
> > Sparcs, UltraSparcs, MIPS, PPC and m68k based machines, all of which
> > are big-endian.
>
> Not necessarily. Problems would show up only if you transferred data
> between two different systems via carrying a harddisk.

you don't understand. ext2 filesystems are always little-endian these
days precisely for this reason.

--
Matthew Wilcox <willy@bofh.ai>
"Windows and MacOS are products, contrived by engineers in the service of