Re: Kernel Crash on Shutdown

Menaka Lashitha Bandara (lashi@alphalink.com.au)
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 16:03:20 +1000

Walter Hofmann wrote:

> Name: apm-patch-2.2.9
> apm-patch-2.2.9 Type: Plain Text (TEXT/PLAIN)
> Encoding: BASE64

I have tried applying this patch. This, however, gives me no change. The
kernel still crashes as usual, and gives the same dump as before. So
what
now?

As Alan Cox suggested, I disabled APM in my kernel and recompiled it.
When I halted the system, it simply said "Power Down," but didn't shut
it down. It also didn't crash. I hope this info helps.

Lashi